The British Academic Conference of Otolaryngology has long been the event that showcases British and Irish Otolaryngology. The programme has always aimed to cover the full breath of our specialty and this has proven to be an increasing challenge in recent years due to the unprecedented development our field has experienced. Pleased to announce BACO 2020 will be in collaboration with the AAO-HNS.
Registration opens in September!
Submissions for oral and poster presentation abstracts and instructional sessions are now open for BACO 2020! The largest ENT conference in the UK, BACO 2020 will take place 8-10 July at the ICC in Birmingham, the UK’s second city, situated at the heart of the English Midlands.
The oral and poster presentations and instructional sessions constitute an excellent opportunity for those working in the field of ENT to share their research with a wide audience of interested and highly knowledgeable peers from across Britain and around the world. Prizes will be awarded for the best oral and poster presentations.
• Exposure: Gain exposure for your research. BACO 2020 will attract a wide range of experts from across the specialty and around the world.
• Peer review: A vital part of the research process. Presenting your findings at BACO will allow you to get immediate feedback from your peers in an intellectually stimulating environment.
• Networking: Network with peers, colleagues and experts in ENT research from the UK and all around the world. This is the perfect forum to share your thoughts and ideas with them.
• Participate: Experience the extraordinary atmosphere that makes BACO a special event. If you have attended before, you will be aware of the sense of professional camaraderie this conference creates.
• Prizes: The opportunity to win a prize at a famous and prestigious event and stand out among a very impressive cohort of peers.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 23.00 (GMT) on Wednesday 11 December 2019. All submissions must be made via the BACO 2020 website, where you can also find information on how to submit.
BACO 2020 Travelling Fellowships
We are pleased to announce that applicants are invited to apply to the Mrs Prakash Narula Travelling BACO Fellowships programme. This programme has been established to help ease the financial burden of attendance for those delegates who most need it. Successful applicants will receive free registration plus £750 towards travel and expenses, and will be selected by executive members of ENT UK and the Global Health Committee.
In order to be considered, applicants must be either a trainee in their country or a specialist or consultant within 5 years of their appointment, and must be able to demonstrate that they have taken an active role in local service or education development. Previous recipients of BACO fellowships are unfortunately not eligible for consideration. Full details can be found on the BACO 2020 website.